Monday, July 2, 2007

Med school only a few weeks away ....

Now with medical school only a few weeks away it's neat to look back and forward. It took a fair amount of work to get into medical school, but this is nothing compared to what is about to happen. The MS1s before me are recovering from their first year and seem very happy to be done. Going into this I thought I would be interested in doing research while I go to medical school. Now I'm not so sure. My area of research (systems biology) seems to have a minimal presence at the school I'm attending. Most of the work is elsewhere, such as Vanderbilt. In speaking with some of the PI's I'm not sure that there is a research project that makes sense that I will actually have much time to devote to. That's a big part of the problem. Med school takes up so much time and anything you do, like research, might prolong the process. I'll keep my eyes open to opportunities. In the meantime, I'll work on finishing some things up before med school ... such as a couple of Spanish courses I am taking and some post-doc research that I started.

No comments: